School governors are volunteers who help to run the school. Most schools work with a group of school governors . Together they’re called the ‘governing body’. They support headteachers, but also ask questions and make sure the headteacher is taking the school in the right direction. All governor appointments last for a 4 year term.
The Governing Body:
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- plans the school’s future direction
- selects the head teacher
- makes decisions on the school’s budget and staffing, including the performance management policy
- makes sure the agreed Curriculum is well taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development
If you would like to approach the Governing Body regarding any issues or information you can do so by contacting the Clerk to Governing Body;
To see who is on our Governing Body please click here.
Mrs Karen Daniels Clerk to the Governing Body